The Summer Reading Program for teens starts up on June 11 and continues through July 26. You have the chance to win prizes just for reading. The library will also have craft programs and a movie night that you will enjoy!
How does everything work?
- Each reading log asks you to read six books (graphic novel, audiobooks, books, e-books). You’ll write a short review for each book and indicate which prize basket you would like to win.
- Turn the entire reading log in and keep going! Each reading log you turn in gives you a better chance at winning a prize basket.
- Out of this World Prize Basket: cell phone clinch grip, a Kaleidoscope lamp, a moon and stars magnetic sculpture and a desk cube kit.
- Creative Freedom Prize Basket: coloring journal, gel pens, a Wal-Mart gift card and so much more!
- Friday June 21 anytime between 2-4 p.m.: A Very Clever Bear—This may look like an innocent bear, but it is really an ingenious way to hide your most precious items!
- Friday, July 5 anytime between 2-4 p.m.: Upcycled Jean Craft—Cut up jeans to make a cell phone holder and a storage bag.
- Friday, July 19 anytime between 2-4 p.m.: Curling Iron Holder—Reinvent a pot holder to make something new.
Adult Events that Teens Might Enjoy (Registration required for adult crafts)
- Saturday, June 15 at 2 p.m.: Newspaper Jewelry
- Tuesday, July 2 at 6:30 p.m.: Movie Night—The Hate U Give
- Saturday, July 6 at 2 p.m.: Book Folding—Make a heart using the pages of a book
- Saturday, July 27 at 2 p.m.: Newspaper Tote